Thursday, October 19, 2006

Buddhist blogging

Do not speak unless you can improve on silence.

A stringent code of conduct as the afternoon passes away and I grow tired of marking exams. About half way through. I should go down to the vending machine, spend some coins on a Twix bar or something to accompany my cup of wishy-washy coffee.

Back. Happy to find my new business cards waiting for me. I hope they will turn out useful as I travel west and meet people to prepare for my coming semester in the US.



Ann Arbor nights last August. The relentless energy, the demanding workload which made me feel alive, the long running sessions through the arboretum. I am not certain but I just might have some pictures stored on my web server, yes, here they are. As many left-liberals I feel a lot of ambiguity towards America these days. Still I shiver when I open Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass, there must still be hope:

I heard that you ask’d for something to prove this puzzle,
the New World,
And to define America, her athletic Democracy;

Therefore I send you my poems, that you behold in them what you wanted.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natasja said...

Hope those business cards turn out to be as usefull when going west as they are when one go east, as you probably already know.

Hihi, remember when going east and meeting business people and other people in suits, well, pretty much anyone almost, suit or no suit, and the "cardchanging session" in the beginning of meetings etc. The first time I experienced it I started to laugh on the inside, all these important people looked like small boys who exchanged ishockey cards during the breaks in school when I was little. To my unexperienced (Swedish?) eye it looked kind of ridiculous and almost like an obsession at times. Still, I missed having cards of my own, because it made me feel kind of unimportant among all the others who had. Sure, I was but everybody else didn't have to know that ;-) Well, yours look nice!

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home