Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Alpaca Race

Living here in Gothenburg, I keep finding new local races that I just have to take part in. Like Rambo Mosse last year, I think this one will be quite memorable. Set in Hisingsparken, the Alpaca Race on 9 June is on a looped technical course with each loop being 10.6 kilometres with 600 meters of vertical gain and loss, all designed to mimic the elevation profile of UTMB.

Considering that I already have both Borås Ultra Marathon and Halland Beach Ultra lined up for the summer, I opted for the shorter version with just three loops for a total of 32 km, 1,860 meters of elevation and one ITRA-point. However, when rowing at the Örgryte gym earlier today, I felt tempted to change my registration to the longer 53 km edition, but I guess there is a limit to how many ultra marathons one can do in the same year without risking injury. In this way, I will also hopefully come back early in the afternoon and be able to spend some weekend time with the kids, rather than feeling completely exhausted. Beyond indoor rowing, I have spent most of the days with different online meetings, including one about our future master’s programme which I am quite excited about, before making fish tacos for dinner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home