Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Red Coast

Given the present political climate, I have grown increasingly curious about the domestic success of Liu Cixin’s The Three-Body Problem, especially after hearing about the honesty of the scenes set during the Cultural Revolution. With one of the main characters also being a graduate of Tsinghua University where I spent part of my Marie Curie exchange in 2011, I decided to order the book so I would have something for summer afternoons on the balcony. Yet, its pages quickly pulled me in, even more so after reading this critical text, so I guess I will have finished it long before the temperature starts picking up.

Having made pancakes with local eggs from our friends on Styrsö, I look through the UTMB World Series calendar, thinking that maybe there will be a Mount Yun race in April 2025 as well. Located about 300 km northeast of Xi’An, it would be a fascinating journey into the interior of China, especially since Anna speaks Mandarin. For the moment however, all running is on pause as I have come down with a cold, which is a bit annoying since I was already behind with my running goals for this year but, as always, health comes first. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home