Sunday, September 13, 2026

Norwegian

For the first time since 2019, when I flew down to Marrakech in the midst of winter, I am back aboard Norwegian. With return tickets going for just 600 SEK, there was an obvious deal to be had and, since last time, Norwegian has started giving out 15 minutes of free Wi-Fi and upped its coffee game by introducing Starbucks coffee. Looking down over Öland and Hanöbukten, Sofi and I have already been up for three hours, having enjoyed an excellent complimentary breakfast at La Girafe (as there were some floor repairs going on at Pontus) and spotted an Italian Brainrot colouring book featuring “Orangutini Ananasini”.

Once on the ground in Prague, I hope to catch up on some of the art museums I missed when I was there with the kids in 2024, and perhaps go for a city jog between the rain showers. I am flying back to Copenhagen already on Tuesday, as I have lots of statistics to teach this week, while Sofi will be travelling on to Pardubice, a town famous for its gingerbread, the Cold War-era plastic explosive Semtex, and being the epicentre of Lyra Ekström Lindbäck’s novel Moral.

Once in Pardubice, Sofi will visit a maximum-security prison that runs the same kind of monastery programme she used to run at Kumla, before the Swedish Prison and Probation Service doubled down on repression.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home