Monday, September 07, 2026

Kyro

There is a new Korean app called “Kyro” that lets you claim territory based on your runs or hikes. Every time you close a loop, the enclosed area becomes your territory. With one of Eddie’s favourite teachers also playing, Eddie and I set out to capture some of his territory in Gothenburg yesterday. Hiking almost 17 kilometres over three hours, we had some great conversations but, sadly, failed to get the hike registered due to a GPS error caused by our indoor lunch break. Though disappointing, we have not given up; we will just have to be a bit more careful next time.

Yesterday, I also discovered a wild card for commuting between Halmstad and Kristianstad that I had not thought about before: the bus from Halmstad to Markaryd. Travelling along Road 15 into Kronoberg, I was reminded that there is also a perfectly functioning railway between Halmstad and Hässleholm (one that I used extensively in 2009 and 2010 when commuting between Lund and Gothenburg). Unfortunately, that railway is nowadays used only by freight trains, which is annoying since passenger services would effectively cut the travel time in half.

Otherwise, I have been busy submitting not one but two journal reviews, drafting a grant application to the Swedish Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU), and submitting yet another application to the Karl Staaff Memorial Fund. With that, all that remains is my real work or, more specifically, to do another round of interviews and finally write up that paper on the legitimacy of different allocation mechanisms for biogenic hydrocarbons.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home