Yoko
This being Rawls
& Me, I cannot end the day with such a dark and ominous post. If only to dream, I need to pretend for a bit longer that it is the 1920s aboard the Orient Express, and that new international adventures lie ahead.
As such, I
met up with Linnéa in the rain last night for the September instalment of the
American Express dining benefit. Blending Japanese and Nordic cuisine, Yoko at
the waterfront in Helsingborg served a five-course omakase. Kicking
things off with a “Bruce Lee 2.0” champagne drink and a “Mr Miyagi” cherry
G&T, highlights included sashimi, arancini with prosciutto, and an
absolutely lovely ice cream dessert.
After a
night at Mollbergs, which was one of the first real hotels in Sweden
when it opened two hundred years ago, we stayed true to the Helsingborg ethos
by taking a morning swim. With the water at 16.8 degrees, summer may
technically be over, but luckily there are still trains or planes to catch.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home