Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Wild shore

Taking a morning high-speed train to Stockholm, the winter quickly caught up with me as I submitted the last revisions to my forthcoming book chapter with Edward Elgar and finally made some progress on my conference paper for WPSA. With ongoing train disruptions in Northern Sweden, I was still happy to leave the tracks behind and check in at Arlanda Airport for an evening flight up to UmeĆ„ with Scandinavian Airlines. 

In the lounge, SAS is serving a shiraz from South Africa which, despite the mixed online reviews, I wish Systembolaget would be retailing. Meanwhile in Dubai, COP28 ended with a watered-down commitment to move away from fossil fuels which should excite exactly no one. Still, I guess it is better than nothing, even if moving away from renewable energy and the burning of biomass seems just as urgent when considering its global impact on habitats and how it keeps people locked into poverty.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home