Friday, September 15, 2023

Book club

After running both the 2.5k and the 5k loop in Skatås many times, my legs suddenly felt full of energy this morning, so I geared up and took on the longer 10k loop. Flying up the hills, I really wondered where all this energy was last Sunday in Tallinn?

Having finished all my preparations for my statistics class next week I went down to Café 77 to read a bit more in Larry Bartel’s “Democracy erodes from the top” that we will discuss in Halmstad on Monday as part of our department book club. Though I would say that the anti-democratic currents of our time run deeper yet, just think of many climate activists, I still think that the basic argument of the book is sound, that conventional conservative parties have used the opportunities afforded by populists to entrench themselves in power.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home