Friday, September 08, 2023

Fox and I

Last night, I made chantarelle toasts even as the weather has recently felt more like summer than autumn. Returning from my “föräldramöte” at Eddie’s new school, I was again slightly shocked by how the other parents talked about using their kids’ phones to track them and how genuinely surprised the teachers seemed to be by the fact that our kids do not even have phones.

Having restricted my own phone use to when I am out and about, I am reading much more than I used to, most recently Catherine Raven’s book about her experience of befriending a fox in rural Montana. Now on the train down to Halmstad for the last lecture with my multi-level governance class, I will continue down to Helsingborg/Ängelholm Airport afterwards and, from there, start my journey towards the Estonian capital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home