Thursday, September 07, 2023

Back for more

Between refreshing my SPSS skills and lecturing about multi-level governance, I was able to squeeze in one more swim in the pool this morning as I have promised myself to stay away from running until Tallinn Marathon on Sunday. 

Today, Frida Stranne talked at our research seminar about her experience of online vitriol and being attacked in the media in response to her and Trita Parsi’s book about US foreign policy. Having experienced similar things after my Newsmill article in 2011, not to mention all those Facebook and Twitter debates about the Sweden Democrats, I know first-hand how brutal these things can be. In fact, it is one of the reasons why I decided to delete all my social media accounts back in 2016.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home