Friday, May 12, 2023

Onto the road


After eight months in storage, it was time to pick up my blue Stålhästen bike and hit the road. As expected, the tire pressure was not the best but with the help of two friendly guys working at a nearby garage, I was on my way in no time. Riding along the coast, I briefly contemplated a swim but decided to save it for the “Battle of Ratan” on the 6th of June. 

Crossing the railway multiple times, I was reminded of the fact that I now have less than two months left here in Västerbotten until I take the night train south on the 1st of July. 

This means that I will never get to see the new “West Link” highway open so, contrary to my usual law-abiding self, I decided to take a shortcut on the still closed section on my way to Max for lunch.

With Stålhästen now in Umeå, I not only hope to complete one more 100k “Gran Fondo” but also finally being able to call myself a “randonneur” (after riding 200 km in one day), although the latter will probably have to wait until “Kattegattleden” on the West Coast.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home