Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Alpine skiing


Though it took a year rather than a week, I did eventually return to Luossavaara, eager to once again try my luck with alpine skiing. Assisted by my wonderful kids who are both already highly able skiers and Anna’s dad who was most helpful, I eventually managed to go down the slope without falling. Unfortunately, my left arm that I injured a week ago when cross-country skiing in Stadsliden still gave me some pain whenever I had to get up after falling but, otherwise, everything was just perfect.

Afterwards, Anna and I went for a jog around Kiruna which continues to be in rapid transformation as old buildings are being torn down. Though my Polar watch is warning me that I am “overreaching”, I am tempted to go for one of my signature airport runs before returning to Umeå to get a sense of how the new city is developing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home