Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wide Awake Wednesday

As often these days, I woke up super-early. Despite a real feel temperature of -18 degrees, I decided to head out for 10k around the lake before making an avocado toast to celebrate the fact that I am once again the “local legend” along the eastern side of Nydalasjön.

Once at work, I submitted a review to the journal Globalizations and attended a record short meeting with the faculty hiring committee. Suddenly, finding myself having some extra time, I then headed down to the pool for 1,000 quick meters of swimming with Anna followed by a two-hour lecture for my social work students, all reminding me of how grateful I am to have this job and no other.

While downtown, I also picked up the latest issue of Breakthrough Journal which made me smile, especially in light of the review that I had submitted a few hours earlier. Considering the potentially crucial role that nuclear energy could play in resolving sustainability dilemmas while preserving liberal freedom, it is really not surprising that it is met by so much resistance by those who would rather remould society according to their own perfectionist and anti-democratic ideas.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home