Sunday, February 12, 2023

Nespolino

One last time. I know, I said the same thing back in September but now it is really certain that Pontus-in-the-air will close on 18 March this year, leaving me with many memorable pre-flight culinary experiences over the years.

Sipping on a glass of Italian red wine, I have decided to celebrate even as I failed to complete yesterday's race. After all, I did manage to run more than two full marathons and would even have received a medal had I only been registered for the 50-mile edition of the race. Yet, my repeated failures at the 100k distance make me hesitant to immediately register for another. Perhaps I simply need to take a step back and be grateful for the fact that I have a body that allows me to run for 13 hours straight on forest trails without injury or pain.

In an hour, I will be back in the air and on my way to snowy UmeĆ„ where a new class is starting on Thursday. Even if necessarily brief, this trip has been such a treat, from the descent into Sturup Airport on Friday afternoon (picture above) to all the lovely people I met out on the course. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home