Sunday, February 19, 2023

Virtual Canaries

The other day, I stumbled upon a new Strava segment challenge as part of the 128 km Transgrancanaria race taking place next week. While I have been to both Tenerife and La Gomera in the past, I still have to visit Gran Canaria so I decided to take Lonely Planet along and head down to Navet for some serious virtual vertical.

Running 4.21 km with 240 meters of climb in 21 minutes, my heart rate spiked up to 170 bpm, well outside any “comfort zone”. Coming off the treadmill, the kids, who had been reading while I had been running, just looked at me as if I was mental, which I guess I might just be to some degree. Still, with high intensity training being all the rage these days, it was a nice change from my usual low heart-rate jogs in the snow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home