Friday, February 03, 2023

Sea salt

After a week of lecturing, I found a small bag of crisps from Devon and a leftover glass of Albariño. 

Sometimes, I can feel so incredibly tired of my own voice. Especially when teaching green political theory like today, I become even more convinced that I am making the right decision by moving on to SOTL and other greener pastures.

However, when reading the latest issue of Vagabond, my mood quickly becomes less gloomy as I find a long article about travelling with train through Central Asia, something that I have dreamt of ever since I lived in China back in 2011. Yet, unlike Bamse who apparently can be away for months on different adventures, the time for these kinds of things is not quite yet so instead I am looking for shorter excursions closer to home. Among those, I am seriously considering registering for Sarajevo Half Marathon in mid-September. With the war in Ukraine and the darkness at home, it feels more important than ever to focus on the basic things that make us human, like running, and the bridges it can build.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home