Saturday, January 28, 2023

Len Renberg

Browsing the stacks of the library magazine, I was able to find a copy of the first book in the series “Fate of the universe” that made a deep impression on me as a 10-year-old. Set in a post-apocalyptic 2079 when the once-blue Earth has been turned into a radioactive wasteland, the protagonist Len Renberg sees through the empty consumerism and escapes into deep space.

Just as Gudrun Pausewang’s Die Wolke paved the way for nuclear paranoia in Germany, this book alone probably explains a lot of why I grew up as anti-nuclear as I did and also why it took so long for me to start questioning my skewed perceptions. Nevertheless, I am happy to see that Eddie is now finding the book as fascinating as I once did.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home