Sunday, September 25, 2022

September half marathon

For three years now, I have been running at least one half marathon every month. With September drawing to an end, I realized that time was of an essence if I were to keep my streak intact. Joined by Eddie on his bike, I thus did the Anumark loop before topping up with five km on my own along the lake shore. Before setting out, I came to think of Bernd Heinrich’s words in his Why We Run: “there is nothing quite so gentle, deep, and irrational as running – and nothing quite so savage, so wild”. 

Unwilling to give up on my dream of running across extinct volcanoes in Skåne, I once again signed up for Tjörnarparen 100k in mid-February. Having been cancelled twice due to the pandemic, this is one race that I have long had on my radar. After finishing Ultravasan 90, I am confident that a 100k is within my ability as long as it is not too mountainous.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home