Sunday, April 10, 2022

Molly

Two years ago, I bought a book about Molly, a middle-aged woman who takes up ultra-running. While training for the scorching Badwater Ultramarathon, she turns off the aircon in her car and drives around Las Vegas in the middle of summer with her teenage daughters in order to prepare herself for the heat that awaits her on the course. Along slightly similar lines, I took the kids out for 21 km of biking today in the snow but at least they got to stop at both Leos indoor play centre (zebra above) and at Max for hamburgers, so I think they were quite alright in the end. Nevertheless, they kept telling me that other parents are not this evil and that other kids get to go by car.

To top off my training for today, I ran one hour before and one hour afterwards for a total of 19 km, bringing my weekly mileage again up to 70 km. After being sick and injured, I realize that the only thing that now stands between me and FjÀllmaraton 100k in August is my own laziness, so I better sharpen up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home