Friday, March 11, 2022

Train 430

Friday morning and I am on a high-speed train to Stockholm as part of a journey that would originally have taken me to Cyprus. Instead, I will spend one night in Stockholm, meet my sister and hopefully go for one of my signature Djurgården runs before taking the train to Umeå tomorrow morning.

 

Having booked my ticket already in December, I was able to snatch one of those rare single-seats in first class at a bargain price so the trip could not be any more comfortable. Like back in 2010 when I used to commute between Gothenburg and Lund on these trains, I had pre-ordered food but, unlike then, I guess I am out of luck with regard to snow and delays so that I will not get the ticket refunded. In fact, over the past week, the spring weather could not have been any more beautiful and, as such, I fear that it will be quite a shock to return to the winter in Umeå.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home