Friday, March 04, 2022

SK2031

After a busy week that has been dominated by the dark news from Ukraine, I am finally aboard “Torborg Viking” and on my way south. Some ten thousand meters below, Anna and the kids are making the same journey on the night train. If everything goes according to plan, we will meet tomorrow morning at the station in Gothenburg.

Drinking my tea, I look out towards the east, thinking that these are indeed strange times to be out travelling as millions of people are desperate to make their way towards the west and safety. Over in Trondheim, my friend just shared a consent form that the nursery is distributing, asking parents for their permission to give the kids iodine tablets in case of a nuclear event. In its absurdity, it is difficult to think of anything more symbolic of the current moment in time than this mix of post-modern parenting and, what is essentially, planning for the end of the world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home