Saturday, March 05, 2022

Fröken Olssons

It was well past midnight when I finally got to my hotel room in Gothenburg. Walking through the city nightlife, I was reminded of when I used to live here more than a decade ago. This time around, I am only here for a week so I decided to make the most of it with a quick city run.

However, beautiful as the morning was, the pain I felt in my left calf as I picked up the pace on asphalt for the first time since that fateful run in January, made it clear that I have no choice but cancelling Cyprus Marathon next weekend. With the situation in Ukraine being the way it is, I was already hesitant about leaving the family and travelling abroad, but this was sort of the final nail in the coffin. So, instead of the Med, I will have to do with the Swedish west coast and coffee at an old-time favourite café.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home