Sunday, May 23, 2021

Rest day in the snow

It is the end of May and, waking up to snow on the balcony, I cannot help but feeling slightly depressed. My original plan was to start the day by running the remaining 10.5 km needed to reach 100 km this week but, feeling all the accumulated stress in my legs, I think I will take a rest day.

Three years ago, I was sipping iced americanos in the port of Gothenburg with the temperature close to 30 degrees. But all things considered, I really should not complain. Overnight, 21 ultra-runners died from hail and freezing rain in the Gansu province in northern China as they were taking part in a 100 km race. While I try to tell my mother that ultra-running is very safe compared to many other sports, this is clearly a tragedy of extreme proportions, reminding me that as beautiful as mountains are, they can indeed turn deadly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home