Friday, May 11, 2018

Iced Caffè Americano

With the temperature climbing up to 28 degrees here in Gothenburg, it was again time to cause grave confusion among Swedish baristas by ordering the most iconic of all Korean summer drinks, namely an iced Americano. While it is still beyond me how it can be so bewildering given that I never have had any problems ordering iced Americanos anywhere in the US, it has become almost a ritual to witness the growing stress behind the espresso machine until someone finally, while still trying to look cool, asks “when you order that drink, what do you normally have in it?”.

Later in Slottsskogen I stumble upon the Shoreline Memorial, as if I was not already sentimental enough. Walking past the university library, I am reminded of all the endless hours of dissertation writing and time becomes slightly incoherent once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home