Friday, May 14, 2021

Recovering

Yesterday, I took an ATR-72 back to the North where I was greeted by two boys who suddenly felt so grown-up. While I was away, William had crashed with his bike so his knees truly looked like those of a six-year-old when he turned up at the airport in shorts. Luckily, nothing serious so now it is just the dad struggling after his little run on Öland.

After some research, I discovered that the previous FKT holder Robin had forgotten to record the first kilometre of his run so my marginal was actually around six minutes. Showing great sportsmanship, Robin enthusiastically congratulated me while promising to beat my time later in the summer :-)

With the school closed today, I am looking forward to a slow day at home with the boys, cleaning the house and trying to get things organized. Last summer, I made a photo book about my running which Anna’s dad was kind to bring with him from Kiruna. Looking through the pages with the different seasons, it is like everything is forgotten, and that it really is the seasonal variations that gives living here its charm.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home