Sunday, October 25, 2020

Deer and canals

With a heady headache from last night (to quote Frida), it was time to wrap up both the Valle d’Aosta UTMB Challenge and the one-hour version of STHLM Loop before having breakfast with Ally at Magnus Johansson Bageri & Konditori.

For the first 3k, I ran through Nackareservatet where I got to say a morning hello to a handful of roe deer. Next time around, I will definitely take my trail shoes along and explore more of this green expanse in south Stockholm. For now, I turned back into Hammarby Sjöstad with its London-style canals and distinctively upper middle-class habitats. In a few hours, I will meet up with my sister before taking an evening flight back north where all the leaves have already fallen. Even if only 500 km separates Umeå and Stockholm, this time of the year the difference in terms of climates feels almost like being at the Mediterranean.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home