Thursday, July 02, 2020

Season finale with Elin

Ever since we first met when running Tvåälvsloppet back in September, Elin and I have been meeting every so often for a run, mostly along the river but also for instance exploring Tavelsjöleden together. While she is clearly the stronger runner overall, we have our different strengths and weaknesses so we still get a lot of fun out of running together. As Elin is going away for the summer, we met this morning for a grand season finale at the old I20 “Västerbotten Regiment” trail.

For this 10k trail, the former Course Record for women was 51 minutes and 51 seconds, a record that Elin was able to break with an insane four minutes. Although my heart rate was way too high, I was at least able to keep her pace for the first 9k, before finishing about half a minute after her, again scoring a warning from Suunto for too high intensity.

With Elin away in South Sweden, I will try to focus on keeping my heart rate down and avoiding injury throughout the rest of the summer. At the same time, thanks to those Adidas SL20, I have really fallen in love with short distance racing even as I am already feeling that all the sprinting is taking its toll on my body.

In September, Elin and I plan to run the 43k Höga Kusten Trail together (Covid-19 be damned!) so there will hopefully be another season to look forward to...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home