Thursday, June 18, 2020

Teaching excellence

While I have known for about a week, today the Faculty of Social Science officially announced the new group of teachers who have been awarded for their teaching excellence. Among them, I was very happy to find myself being promoted to distinguished university teacher (“excellent lärare”) which is the second, and highest, level. Beyond an additional 1,200 SEK per month, this feels really inspiring for the autumn when I will take part in the university’s teaching mentoring programme. Since returning from Korea in 2014, I have taken six pedagogical courses and worked hard to develop my teaching, especially online, so this is a most welcome recognition for the time that I have put into this.

Tomorrow is Midsummer’s Eve and I just wrapped up the last tasks of the workweek. For dinner tonight, I made a beetroot hummus plate with oven-roasted vegetables to somehow atone for my carbonara sins earlier in the week; hashtag #reducetarian. And, yes, thanks to Fredi, I have a new book about secret royal love between men.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home