Friday, May 01, 2020

Bigfoot

Reading Tintin in Tibet with Eddie the other week, I was struck by how much the Yeti was an early adopter of what we nowadays call “social distancing”. He also seemed to have been a capable runner. As such, I was excited to discover that someone had actually set up a virtual charity half marathon in the name of his American relative, Bigfoot.

Having signed up, I first had to find a suitable course. Considering that Bigfoot is not really the city type, I was fortunate to get Elin to join me for a run along my famous dirt roads to the east of Nydalasjön. Taking my Hoka Torrents out for the first time, we managed to keep a “steasy” pace of 5:03 min/km for 22 kilometres and I must say that I was really impressed by the shoes.

Unfortunately, Elin revealed that her current half marathon PR is 1 hour and 39 minutes (i.e. a 4:42 min/km pace) which means that my next half marathon race, the virtual edition of Göteborgsvarvet, will be a real challenge if we aim to beat that PR...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home