Saturday, January 18, 2020

A Ship Full of IPA

After my triathlon at Navet, I came down with a sore throat so for the last couple of days there has not been any running for Rasmus. Taking it slow at home instead, I have mostly been grading and cleaning the house but tonight I made a nice cabbage salad with honey roasted nuts, lime and pan-fried salmon together with one of the best alcohol-free beers that I have tasted in a long time. Made by Brutal Brewing, a Ship Full of IPA exists in two versions, one with a 5.8% alcohol content (which can be found aboard the restaurants cars of the Swedish Railways btw) and this one without alcohol.

Sadly, I just received news that Steve Rayner, who for decades has been one of the most sensible voices in the climate policy universe, has passed away. Steve, who had just been awarded the 2020 Breakthrough Paradigm Award, understood early on that the Montreal protocol, which had proven so successful in addressing the depletion of the ozone layer, was a bad template for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and that the solution had to rather be based on technological innovation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home