Friday, July 19, 2019

Feta beta

While I feel far less alone than I used to do a decade ago before there was such a thing as “ecomodernism”, it is still heart-warming but also slightly surreal every time I receive an e-mail from another scholar who expresses views similar to my own. Even if these voices remain marginalized, in particular in Germany, there are growing signs that the current approach to climate mitigation is failing and that other countries are becoming more cautious about following California and Germany down the same cul-de-sac of fossil dependency.

At home, I keep running even if I have cut back on volume a bit from the previous weeks to save my Achilles tendons which were beginning to show signs of overtraining. With one day left until the Moon landing, I open that bottle from Emilia-Romagna that flashed by the other day. It tastes of jasmine blossoms and unfinished journeys.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home