Saturday, June 08, 2019

Lodge Hill

Given that antipodean escapism is somewhat of a recurrent theme here on Rawls & Me, I was happy to find a newly released #småparti bottle of riesling grown at 480 meters of altitude in South Australia. Together with some summer food for dinner, it made the world feel more like late July, despite the number of outstanding items on my to-do list.

With the image of the National Mall in D.C. fresh on my mind, I also had to smile today when I discovered that the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum has invited Strava runners to log 50 miles in 50 days in celebration of the Apollo 11 landing. Given that I have already run 67 miles this month, I instantly received the digital finisher badge when I signed up for the challenge. Still, just as it took the collective effort of 400,000 people to make the moon landing reality, 244,323 miles remain to be run in order to reach the Moon so feel free to chip in...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home