Thursday, May 16, 2019

Sutherland

Historically, The Escapist has been a late summer affair, arriving sometime between the end of July and September. This year, my world has been turned upside down as it is only mid-May and I am already lost in dreams of Sonoma and Siargao. Clearly, it does not help that I found a #småparti bottle of chardonnay from the Thelema Mountains in South Africa. With another race coming up already on Saturday, I decided that 12k this morning would have to be enough anyhow and that I am better off enjoying the taste of toffee and mango on the balcony.

In the outside world, the number of people infected with measles globally has increased with 300 per cent according to the WHO. Unfortunately, this tide of irrationality still appears to be rising, something that I could feel first-hand when debating climate policy the other day. As for that, with a climate emergency on our hands, it is simply unbelievable how HBO can produce a new flashy mini-series about the Chernobyl accident without any regard for the consequences and the many thousands who will die from air pollution as anti-nuclear fears once again take hold.

I guess few have put this as well as Ted Nordhaus did in a recent tweet:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home