Saturday, May 11, 2019

Alto Adige

After a lengthy journey that included a visit to a depot somewhere outside Örebro of all places, my #småparti bottle of Manni Nössing from Südtirol finally made it to Umeå yesterday. To celebrate its safe arrival, I mixed together a spicy Moroccan salad with saffron, pomegranate and halloumi for dinner.

I guess I must have been six or something when I first visited Bressanone (or “Brixen” as it is known in German) with my parents and I can still remember the taste of Minestrone soup after a long day in the mountains. Being a great fan of the Grüner Veltliner grape, I was curious to see how it would fare south of the border and at the high altitudes of Bressanone. The answer? Less minerals and more fruit I would say, yet still very stringent, and definitely value for money.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home