Monday, May 06, 2019

You win some, you lose some

Today has been a mixed bag. It started of with 120 new hand-written exams to mark, enough to make the sanest man go mad (if I am allowed to paraphrase StarTrek Discovery). With a rain front passing, I realized that the Umåker test run would also be something out of the ordinary. Playing it safe, or so I thought, I took the bus to the start in Röbäck. Unfortunately, the bus broke down half-way so I missed the start with eight short minutes... thus, finding myself at the far end of Umeå all alone in the rain, I recognized that the only thing I could do was to run back home to Tomtebo. As for the good news? Just before jumping on that bus, I learnt that the Karl Staaff Foundation has decided to give me a grant to fully finance my participation in the ISA Accra conference in August... so, in the end, a good day. And I got some running done along the river.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home