Saturday, April 06, 2019

Sunspel

While I have been busy teaching social work students, it seems as if the Swedish nuclear debate is finally getting somewhere. Unfortunately, people like Tomas Kåberger keeps distorting the facts in a number of high-profile media appearances, consistently confusing (a) the marginal cost of adding one unit of renewable energy capacity with (b) the total system costs associated with a larger share of weather dependent renewable energy while obviously ignoring all questions about energy density and global scalability. Still, I think that the discourse is shifting and that many lay people find it strange that, if climate change now is so serious, we would deliberately close down our largest existing source of low carbon energy.

Next weekend we will all take the train up to Kiruna which is an eight hour long ride. On the day after, I will take the train in the opposite direction before flying to California. So, lots of transportation coming up. As I am travelling on a hand baggage only fare, I have put some thought into what to bring. With running clothes obviously being non-negotiable, I invested in a Sunspel zip hoody which I think will be quite versatile.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home