Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Unravelled

When teaching 30 hours per week, it was perhaps inevitable that my attention would eventually slip and that I would make a joke that was off mark. The good thing with teaching this much is that I got a chance to see the same students already today and apologize.

Otherwise, I was able to swing by a clinic this afternoon and get a yellow fever vaccination. While downtown, I also managed to pick up a new småparti bottle of pinot noir from Otago on the South Island which, morbidly as it sounds, reminded me of the Christchurch carnage that happened just days ago. Thinking back on my own visit to the city in 2013, I cannot imagine a more welcoming place. Despite the earthquake, the city had an outworldly sorrowless quality to it, almost as if it existed outside the normal plane of existence and it is truly unfathomable that someone could feel so much hate in such a place.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home