Thursday, March 07, 2019

Gläserner Mensch

Back in December, my mother sent me a package with a new winter hat for William. Unfortunately, it got lost in the mail somehow and never made it to Umeå. Then, just the other day, I received a notification from the postal service (or what is left of it) that I had a package waiting for me. Thus, after finishing the last lecture of this marathon week, I biked down to Strömpilen to pick it up, only to discover that it was just the, almost equally delayed, “Forecast” from Monocle that had finally arrived.

After reading about child-perspective city planning in Rotterdam and street artists stencilling 33 poetic verses on pedestrian crossings in Madrid, I decided that it was time to make a rustic spaghetti carbonara with pasta water as emulsifier, pancetta and lots of Pecorino Romano (no cream comes near my carbonara). Playing with the old IXUS camera, I thought I could turn the perspective around for once, adding another layer of “Durchleuchtung” as the Germans would say. Buon appetito!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home