Thursday, May 17, 2018

Quaffable

Today at the research seminar, I presented my article on how gallery walk seminars can be used to teach political ideologies. Given how much time we all spend in the classroom, it is surprising how rarely we have these opportunities for professional reflection. In fact, it was the first time since joining the department four years ago that the higher seminar was devoted to something teaching related.

Biking home afterwards, it felt like a really productive seminar and I got a lot of useful ideas for future revisions (the article is currently under review with the Journal of Political Science Education so I first have to see what comes out of that). For me, it was also an unusual experience to present something so uncontroversial. After spending the last fifteen years fighting Malthusians, it simply felt strange to discuss something that is completely politically harmless, at least from a Swedish horizon.

For dinner tonight I made a new COOP magazine favourite as in an avocado, zucchini, and cashew nut salad with lots of chili, cilantro and lime. Thanks to Systembolaget and its #småpartier, I found a pinot gris from Oregon with crisp flavours and a very bright finish which I guess Fredi would describe as highly “quaffable” :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home