Thursday, April 26, 2007

Late on Earth

As you might have noticed, Rawls & Me has recently seen a deluge of new posts, many on my adventures here in the Lone Star State.

It is a narrative in the making, I can already feel that I will look back on these days with a certain nostalgia. The more I see of America, the more I yearn for its distant lands when back in Europe. Yet, I realise that this continent has lost much of its innocence, but so have I. It is, to speak with Ekelöf, “sent på jorden”.

Reading another ECPR paper, this one by Matthew Rendall on the gloomy topic of “Nuclear weapons and intergenerational exploitation”.

There is so much darkness in this world, so many things that have been broken and no way to go back. Only faith remains, credo quia absurdum, to pray and to hold on to our dreams:

“And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow,
your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.”


Pax!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home