Saturday, April 21, 2007

Absentia animi

Morning in Malmö; a long breakfast with a good friend, like to listen to her and glimpse fragments of life different from my own. Then alone again, making a ciabatta at home with “prosciutto ham”, one of the more mesmerizing tautologies that our local ICA store has come up with. Reading some Ekelöf. To me, the words take on a very Jungian interpretation. Rumour has it that Jung at one point said that he was thankful for being Jung and not a Jungian :-) And in 24 hours I will be just south of Norway, flying toward the Americas together with Nilla. Thus, I cannot but quote some words from my favourite poem by Tennyson, likely to even further exacerbate my “resfeber”:

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite 
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds 
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths 
Of all the western stars, until I die.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home