Thursday, April 26, 2007

Davon träume ich dann...

Driving for hours through green cedar forests while listening to a special home-burnt compilation; flooding myself with impressions. Slowly the distances on the map become intelligible; Texas is of roughly the same size as France... Parking the Towncar at a different Starbucks today, not that it makes much difference. Ordering a tall frappuccino to digest the rather brutal burger I had somewhere out there in the countryside. »Only in America»
Now reading ECPR papers (or, well, I am weblogging but as Richard Florida would say, that is only indicative of the creative class, to mix work and play). The paper I will comment on is written by the Norwegian PhD student Robert Huseby and carries the title: “Deontology, Non-Identity and Future People”. Judging from it and the other papers I have received so far, I must say that this year’s ECPR Joint Sessions is likely to become one of the most interesting conferences I have ever attended. I slowly finish the melting frappuccino. “Eine andere Welt” is playing in my earphones as I try to escape the highly customized Starbucks music.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Ist doch eine andere Welt möglich? Welcher? Dieser Grünmusikanten haben ja einen ganz andren Eudämonismus als Gene Roddenberry...

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home