Thursday, February 15, 2007

Texting

The renaissance of the telegraph. Yesterday I signed up for a new price plan for my cell phone, giving me unlimited SMS within Sweden for 99 kronor (€10,65) per month. A bargain considering how addicted I have become to the multi-tap lifestyle.
With a proficiency level high enough to make even Samuel Morse jealous, I have come to use text messaging for everything from short hellos to haiku poems. During my summer in Ann Arbor I also learned that texting is a quintessentially European activity, virtually unheard of in the US. In Germany, Angela Merkel is even known for conducting a lot of her politics through SMS, making it necessary for her counterparts to stay brief and focus on the essentials. Why does Rasmus write about this? Seriously, I do not know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natasja said...

Maybe because...

5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home