Monday, February 19, 2007

After the glow

Six hours of teaching this Monday. Demanding since I spent the whole weekend sneezing and feeling not so well. So today I had no option but to activate my grad school simulator: Tylenol – acquired at some Walmart near Albuquerque, NM.


And it sure worked, I managed to *lecture* for six hours. Great pills, but I guess you should not make a habit out of taking them whenever you are sick... Luckily, all I have to do for the rest of this week is (a) get better, (b) do some final editing of my paper Beyond the Rawlsian Monologue and (c) go on working with my presentation for Las Vegas.

Yes, I am going back! In two weeks tomorrow, though it will only be a short trip stateside this time around. SAS to Chicago and then United down to Las Vegas. Four days of intensive networking and post doc scouting at WPSA 2007 before flying back to Copenhagen. And the flights have been carbon neutralized...

As for the afterglow, I am listening to Sophie Zelmani’s new album “Memory Loves You”. Got a few favourite songs already.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there...ok, writing to a blog is not the same thing as actually writing a blog, so I feel safe at the moment.. however I have to admit that I'm beginning to like reading the stuff you write here. japp, you and my brother are slowly introducing me (converting??) to this virtual reality. Might get stuck in there at a certain point if I keep listening to my always-on-the-move-instincts...well all this doesn't make sense to anyone but me... but that's ok - I'm happy anyhow :) // see ya //Sarah

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home