Saturday, November 04, 2023

Finalloppet

While my former colleague Veronica is spending all night and day doing Kullamannen 100k, I woke up to a much shorter and quicker distance in Skatås where I have come to do much of my running since moving to Gothenburg.

Racing 19k on (mostly) familiar trails, I was able to complete the course in 1 hour and 34 minutes as number 134 of 446 runners finishing the race. Taking it slow on the more technical sections and speeding up to 4:40 min/km on the gravel roads, the whole race felt very controlled, with an average heart rate of 160 bpm despite a total climb of 334 meters. Passing Delsjön, the sun even briefly came out, making it perfect race weather with the temperature hovering around nine degrees.

Once back home, it was time for laundry and vacuum cleaning. Compared to in the past, when every race knocked me out completely, I am surprised by how much spare energy I have after racing these days. With the kids deciding what to have for dinner, I got to make the house signature Spaghetti Bolognese, served with a glass of Gilda red wine from a bit north of Lisbon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home