Thursday, October 26, 2023

Svarte Mosse

The last time I lived in Gothenburg, it was in Biskopsgården, known to be a particular dangerous neighbourhood. Having moved back from New Jersey, my perception of “dangerous” was obviously slightly different from most people and I remember liking the area with its nearby forest, outcrops and marshes.

Trying to maintain my midweek long run routine, I crossed the bridge over to Hisingen and followed the waterfront up to Bräcke Diakoni where Sofi used to study. From there, I ran over to Biskopsgården and up to the Svarte Mosse recreational area. To my embarrassment, it turned out that the trail I used to run back then was barely 3k (though it, in fairness, had quite a bit of elevation) so no wonder I made little progress with my running. 

Afterwards, I followed the tram tracks to my new favourite café “Alkemisten” near Vågmästarplatsen, which is up there with some of my all-time top artisanal coffee places like Lot61, Don Vincenzo and Hummingbird Coffee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home