Saturday, October 21, 2023

Babet

Though already booked out for 2024, I am still dreaming of one day doing the 100-mile “Arc of Attrition” along the rugged Cornish coast. Set in late January, the race is known for its extreme weather conditions and unrelenting rain.

With that in mind, I went out into the storm “Babet” while it was still dark, getting completely soaked as I raced through a forest full of debris with only my headlight to guide me, before returning home 53 minutes and 10 kilometres later, feeling nothing but bliss.

Meanwhile, Skanör and the south coast of Sweden seem to have taken quite a beating with storm surges and strong winds. Here in Gothenburg, the worst should be over by tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to take the kids out for a Sunday walk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home