Saturday, July 01, 2023

Trailövik

Of course, I could not leave the High North without running one last trail race. Set in Örnsköldsvik, about 90 km south of Umeå, the 22 km “Trailövik” brought back many memories from the High Coast with magical mountain trails, lots of vert, and plenty of sunshine.

Finishing ahead of all women, I was still only number 24 (of 43 men finishing) which says a lot about how capable some runners are when it comes to technical trails, especially downhill which remains my big weakness. 

Still, I felt super good throughout the race and was looking forward to celebrating down at the waterfront with my friend Petra who was doing the shorter 12 km race. Sadly, at the finish, Petra was standing there with her arm all broken after falling hard about seven kilometres into her run. Thus, we got the spend the afternoon at the hospital instead where she quickly got an x-ray and her arm in a cast. Fortunately, another friend of Petra was able to come down to Örnsköldsvik and drive her back to Umeå, as I am now on the night train to Gothenburg.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home