Thursday, July 18, 2024

Open house

Yesterday, Halmstad University had “sommaröppet” for one day with prospective students and family members getting a tour of the campus. Handing out free ice cream and making my best to promote our programme, it was a sudden break from the vacation lifestyle but, already today, William and I are on our way with the train to Kalmar for a couple of days on the other coast.

Having rented a Peugeot 2008 compact SUV, all of the family stopped at the Grimeton radio station on the way down to Halmstad, bringing me back decades in time and across oceans. On the return, we stopped first for a salty swim in Tylösand and then for a forest walk in Haverdal. As much as dislike having a car on an everyday basis, it definitely gives you a lot of freedom on a day like yesterday.

Once I had returned the car to OKQ8, I made salmon and red cabbage tacos which was not such a terrible match to the remaining “Porta 6” Portuguese wine as I had anticipated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home