Friday, July 12, 2024

Back to Bohusleden

After 3.5 fairly dreadful hours on the bus (at least for the kids who felt sick for the entire ride), we were all relieved to the back in Gothenburg. With the kids wanting nothing else than playing computer games, Anna and I seized the opportunity to explore stage 5 of Bohusleden by taking the commuter train to Jonsered and run the 11 kilometres up to Angered.

Though I knew that the trail would be technical with about 400 meters of elevation gain, I was not quite prepared for what awaited us, especially after the last few weeks of heavy rainfall here on the West coast. Stopping at Ramsjön for a swim, we were completely alone which probably says something about how inaccessible this area is despite being only a few dozen kilometres from the city centre. Later, trying to remove some mud from my shoes, I underestimated the depth of a small stream, so my shoes got completely soaked and so did Anna’s. 

But in the end, we made it all the way to Angered and the X3 bus that whisked us back home to the kids (who were quick to point out that they had not missed us the slightest).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home